A five minute ferry ride across beautiful Shoalwater Bay is all it takes to meet the world's smallest penguins!
An hour is all you need to see the penguin feeding, but if you have more time enjoy, swimming, snorkeling, explore nature trails and scenic lookouts or just relax on white sandy beaches and enjoy this stunning nature reserve.
Ferry tickets are not available for purchase online at this stage. We apologise for the inconvenience and are working towards introducing this in the future. Tickets can be purchased from the front counter of our gift shop on the day of your visit.
If you have a group of 10 or more, you can reserve seats using our Groups Enquiry Form
For full details on catching the ferry, please read on or feel free to call us on +618 9591 1333.
- Getting up close to the little penguins at the Discovery Centre (penguin feeding times are at 10.30am, 12.30 and 2.30pm daily)
- Swimming and snorkelling the crystal clear waters of Shoalwater Bay (take your own equipment)
- Exploring the nature trails & boardwalks taking in spectacular views of the marine park
- Having a picnic under the trees overlooking a safe swimming beach ideal for young children
- Seeing nesting pelicans & other sea birds up close especially September & October when the chicks are hatching
- Using the binoculars at the look outs to spot dolphins & whales (September to December)
- Return ferry transfers
- Entry to the Discovery Centre
Adults $16, Conc. (seniors & students) $14.50, Children (3- 12 years) $13.50, Infants (under 3) $0, Family (2 adults/ conc + 2 children) $52
Ferry and entry to the Discovery Centre for the Penguin Feeding
Adults $25, Conc. (seniors & students) $22, Children (3- 12 years) $19, Infants (under 3) $0,
Family (2 adults/ conc + 2 children) $75
Departure Times and Bookings
Ferries operate hourly from 9am to 3pm (Sept 15 to early June) with extra ferries scheduled every 20 to 30 minutes during peak times.